MM Android Anthology Art

Get answers about the current release of MediaMonkey for Android

Moderator: Gurus

johntr
Posts: 4
Joined: Monday Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

MM Android Anthology Fine art

Howdy Everyone,

Tin someone tell me what changes in MMW triggers the album art change in MMA.

I've been trying to update artwork for some albums (all the files) after the initial sync. MMA detects that the files have changed and syncs the files but fails to change the anthology artwork.

I accept the latest version of both MMW and MMA and I sync over wireless if information technology helps at all.

Thanks in accelerate.

johntr
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by johntr »

Yes. All the files in the anthology has the new artwork, I can see that the files accept inverse in the Android file managing director merely MMA nevertheless shows the former artwork :(
Forgot to add that I am using the regular builds.

Peke
Posts: 15209
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post past Peke »

Looks like Artwork is cached. Have you tried to delete affected Buried artworks?

johntr
Posts: four
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 ane:22 pm

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by johntr »

That'southward what I idea initially and cleared this folder.

Phone\Android\data\com.android.providers.media\albumthumbs

But this seems to rebuild enshroud only for the stock media player.

Where does MMA pick up the artwork from? Can you explain MM's workflow?

ane) I upload anthology "ABC" to MMW with Artwork "X" and sync it to my mobile device via MMA - everything is expert.
2) I alter the artwork for all the files in Anthology "ABC" to "Y" - MMA detects the change and syncs the files over just yet holds the former artwork.
3) I manually delete the artwork via the edit selection in MMA hoping that a resync will bring the new artwork - Now it permanently has the blank artwork image unless I delete and resync the files.

I even disabled "sync all artwork to file folders" and "Re-create artwork to file tags" options in the device profile and did a complete resync (deleted and synced the library in MMA from scratch).

Am I doing something wrong?

johntr
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by johntr »

Finally solved the problem.

I was deleting the wrong cache files in Android.

Deleting the cache files in both the android information folder as well as the UPnP caches did the fob.

If anyone else has the same problem, follow the steps below.

1) Delete everything from this folder.

SD Menu/Android/data/com.ventismedia.android.mediamonkey/files/artwork

2) Clear UPnP image cache in the temp binder or check Tools->Options->Full general

%Temp%\MM_UPNP_Images

3) Selected all your files (or but the ones beingness shared/synced), add together a single dot in the comments (any minor alter, this tin exist removed later on) and sync from your mobile device. This volition effectively rebuild the cache on both ends.

Cheers

amarimla@yahoo.com

Re: MM Android Anthology Art

Post by amarimla@yahoo.com »

is their a style of manually adding the artwork in your android phone?

Invitee

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by Guest »

Hi guys!!! so ive been looking everywhere but i cant find an reply to this... i recently accept been updating my music collection, i already had it on my telephone, but when i update the artwork on the MMA on windows, i delete the one-time artwork and put a new one, but when i sync it copies the new art, but doesnt delete the old i from the vocal file... so if i want to have it the same way that on my computer, i have to delete the songs and copy them once again... which is a hassle... is in that location whatever way to make sure that when i sync to my device, the artwork too syncs as the file is? instead of only copying the new epitome but keeping the erstwhile one also??? thank you so much for the help in adnvance!!

Peke
Posts: 15209
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: MM Android Album Fine art

Post by Peke »

Hi,
Information technology is by blueprint, we decided that it would exist much more hustle to sync 20k of tracks to device due the updated Artwork than simply update MMA with new artwork?

Imagine Gigabytes of resync, instead of few hundred MB.

BohemianStar

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by BohemianStar »

I Desire A WAY TO MANUALLY Add together Album ART... LIKE WITH A BUTTON. Also "REMEMBER POSITON" IN ALBUM VIEW. OTHERS DO THIS. -_- ... the caps were on purpose. Missing simple functionality is irritating when you bother to pay for something..... other than that niggle. Good job.

Peke
Posts: 15209
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: MM Android Anthology Art

Post by Peke »

Hi,
You tin can already add album fine art in rails properties and and then tap on prototype to add together album art.

TheOrchidPrince

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by TheOrchidPrince »

Hi there Peke,

You've stated here that you lot can add anthology art past tapping on the image. I'm not able to do this on my MMA version, i tin can only hold on the anthology art which prompts me to delete the image.

Is in that location an option i'1000 missing to let this, or has the functionality changed?

I'm running version 1.three.4.0854. I've also paid for the full upgrade.

Many thanks!

Peke
Posts: 15209
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2003 7:21 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Re: MM Android Anthology Art

Post by Peke »

Hi,
y'all should firstly utilize for MMA beta test as in that location are improvements in the art treatment, including option I am referring to.

You can do that by going to ... -> About MediaMonkey -> Go Beta tester and then restart the phone and update thru Play store.

TheOrchidPrince

Re: MM Android Album Art

Post by TheOrchidPrince »

Hi,

Give thanks you for your quick respond and help.

I followed your instructions exactly and managed to update to the beta examination version (reading every bit one.3.5.0863 on info menu), yet, i'grand still unable to modify album artwork, borer on the artwork in the information screen nevertheless produces no popup and i tin can merely concord to delete. I take tried removing the beta version, reinstalling the public version so reinstalling the beta. Also tried restarting the phone a few times but nothing

Functionality still hasn't changed from the public release, non sure why this might be.

Thanks for your connected help

orama
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov fourteen, 2019 nine:27 am

Re: MM Android Album Fine art

Mail service by orama »

Me besides.. I would beloved to supersede the fine art when I cull to. For case I accept a spoken word album from a language learning CD which I've burned. Information technology never finds the correct art. I take the exact fine art downloaded to my telephone only can't see any way to require the album to employ this file for information technology's fine art. The simply option is 'delete album fine art'. Cipher to permit me to select the art I would similar.